High School Summer Shootouts
Siena Heights University women’s basketball is having its High School Summer Shootouts in June and July. Tournaments will be on the following dates:
Team Camp June 23-25
Session 1 June 23
Session 2 June 24
Session 3 June 30
Session 4 July 1
Session 5 July 14
Session 6 July 15
- All games will be played in the Siena Heights Fieldhouse.
- Each team is guaranteed to play three games.
- All tournaments will be played under a one-day format.
- Coaches and players will not need to miss weekdays if they are employed.
- If a team is playing both Friday and Saturday and is interested in staying overnight, arrangements can be made to stay in our residence halls by contacting Public Safety at 517-264-7617. The cost will be $17.96 per person.
- All games will be regulated by high school rules, only halftime will be shortened. Also, ideally no team will “sit out” more than one game in succession.
- Extra courts will be available for practice and individual work.
- Siena Heights will provide locker rooms, a training room and laundry facility. Siena Heights has a training facility, and the shootout will have trained staff on site in case of an emergency. but please bring your own medical kit and training supplies.
- Each team is instructed to bring reversible jerseys or uniforms to be worn during games. You must also provide your own towels and practice balls.
- Teams are required to bring a minimum of 7 players.
- There will be a concession stand available in the Fieldhouse with snacks and drinks. T-shirts will be available on site for $9.
- An entry fee of $160 will be required (per session) which will help to cover the cost of officials, scorers, timers and facility use.
- Returning participants take $15 off the total cost – the total cost of returning teams will be only $145.
- T-shirts will be given to the winning teams.
Tournaments fill up quickly, so please respond by returning the registration form as soon as possible. We will send you a schedule of who and when you play as soon as possible. For more information, contact head coach Sue Syljebeck at 517-264-7871 or email@example.com.
When: July 13-14
For: Participants from grades 4-12 (boys and girls)
Time: Session 1: 9 a.m.-noon; Session 2: 1:30-4 p.m.
Cost: $65 (early bird price until June 21); $$80 commuter
Campers will be taught or will review fundamentals of basketball. Our goal is for these players to feel comfortable and confident playing the game of basketball. There will be a maximum of 8 campers per coach. This camp will include small group instruction taught by Saints players and coaches from both the men's and women's programs. It will include games and competitions for all participants. Participants will get a T-shirt and a basketball, and lunch is included. For more information, contact women's head coach Sue Syljebeck at 517-264-7871 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When: July 10-12
For: Participants from grades 1-12 (boys and girls)
Time: 9 a.m.-4 p.m. each day
Cost: $95 (early bird price until June 21); $110 after June 21
This camp is great for players who need to improve on skills, or players who want to challenge themselves and learn new moves. This camp is for players who are looking to improve their offensive skill. Each camper will be taught the mechanics to shoot the right way. Shooters are made; not born We also teach the campers confidence. Confidence is a big part of the game. The campers will also learn about quickness in shooting, range and accuracy. It will also feature instruction solely on shooting and proper footwork. We will also be using the shooting machine “THE GUN” to video and review their shot. Proper instruction is very important so we will have between 6-8 players per coach. This camp will also feature shooting instruction solely on each players specific position: point guard, shooting guard, small forward, power forward or center. They will be instructed by collegiate players and coaches who work with each specified position. Participants will get a T-shirt and a basketball. For more information, contact women's head coach Sue Syljebeck at 517-264-7871 or
Saints Soccer Camp
Where: O'Laughlin Stadium
When: June 26-29
For: Boys and girls ages 5-14
Time: 8:30 a.m.-2:45 p.m. each day
Cost: $160 per camper (lunch included); $115 camper (no lunch)
The summer is an excellent time to become a better soccer player. Our coaching staff will increase your knowledge of the necessary fundamentals you must have to improve as a player (shooting, passing, ball skills and defense). Our staff will also have you working at those athletic skills that help you improve on the above fundamentals. Most importantly, we will emphasize the development of an individual and group attitude. We believe that success is primarily based on having a positive attitude. We want this camp to be a fun and positive experience for the player. We will play games, have contests, run stations/drills and have fun.
Saints Volleyball Day Camp
When: July 5-7
For: Boys and girls grades 1-12
Time: 9 a.m.-6 p.m. each day
Cost: Varies by session
- Youth camp (grades 1-4), 9:30-11 a.m.; Cost: $45 per camper
- Middle school camp (grades 5-8), 9-11 a.m.; Cost: $65 per camper
- All-Skills camp (grades 9-12), 12:30-3 p.m.; Cost: $100 per camper
- All-Skills and position camp (grades 9-12); Cost: $150 per camper
Creative Stages Summer Arts Camp
Where: Performing Arts Center
When: June 19-30
For: Boys and girls ages 4-16
Time: Depending on session
Cost: $85 per camper (morning and afternoon session); $45 per camper (preschool session)
Celebrating unity through music, movement, drama and the visual arts, children ages 4-16 are invited to participate in Siena Heights University's Creative Stages Arts Camp, themed "One World." This summer's program runs from June 19-30 on the Adrian campus.
The camp runs from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. each day, with a family/community celebration on June 30. Those attending will be immersed in a variety of daily workshops around the universal theme of "One World." There will also be an afternoon advanced class offered in musical theater techniques for students age 13-18, with a preschool session (ages 4-5) from 9-10:30 a.m.
Unique to Lenawee County, this program helps enhance a child’s imagination, creativity and personal development. Creative Stages teachers include professional teaching artists as well as Siena Heights University students.
Here are the available options:
• Morning Session (ages 6-16): $85 per student
• Afternoon Advanced Class (ages 13-18): $85 per student
• Preschool Session (ages 4-5): $45 per student
For more information, please contact Program Director Joni Warner at 264-7901 or email@example.com or Amy Sturtevant at 264-7890.